The Big Questions!
- Is your opinion right? We live in a world full of opinions. My or your opinion may be as good as any one else's, but the questions is, "Is it a right opinion?" We base our opinions on the information we have learned. We can all identify with the fact that we have sometimes been sincere, but not right!
- Is what Jesus said important? He said, "Ye MUST be born again," John 3:3. No matter what we may think, that is a truth since Jesus said it. We MUST respond to that command if we want to go to heaven.
- Have you been born again? It is not a question of how good we have been. Some manage to be better that others. However, the Bible says we are ALL sinners, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God, " Rom. 3:23. The Bible also says, "Not by works of righteousness (good things) which we have done but according to ?????
- What about our sins? Some start to church and live better than they did in the past. That's good, but, what about the sins you committed before you started "doing better?" They must be forgiven. Our only hope is to understand that we are sinners. We are sinners by nature, "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned," Romans 5:12. We repent of our sins (we have a mind that wants to turn from sin) toward God, and we trust Christ to save us. That's why He came. "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost," Luke 19:10.
- Can't I wait until later? Maybe. But the Bible says, "Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth," Proverbs 27:1. James says, "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is you life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." James 4:14.
- Why not take care of this problem now? There will be no better time and there COULD BE NO OTHER TIME. Jesus shed His blood, He was buried, and arose from the grave. He is coming back again for His own.
- Could you right now ask God to forgive you, and trust Christ as your Savior? If that is your desire, simply pray, "Dear God, I confess I'm a sinner. I know Jesus died, and shed His blood to pay for my sins. Forgive me, and be my Savior. In Jesus' name, Amen."
What to do After You are Saved!
Once we are saved, there are things God wants us to do. You should find a church that teaches about the new birth and salvation. You need to be baptized in a church like that. Matthew tells the local churches to "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things what-soever I have commanded you, and lo I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen," Matthew 28:19-20. We need to read our Bibles (a King James Version), and pray so we can grow in knowledge of God and His will. We need to fellowship with other Christians who teach the things we believe.